Charter Culture & Benefits
There are no time clocks at Charter Manufacturing. Our cooperative culture blurs the lines between production workers, administration, supervisors, and managers ensuring that everyone shares in the responsibility for delivering the best product possible with unsurpassed customer service.
Ongoing training and a cooperative team approach are integral to our corporate culture. A variety of classes are offered to all employees through site-specific classes and our corporate training program. We provide training for both technical, job-related subjects and general categories including finance, team leadership and other relevant topics.
Charter Manufacturing's history demonstrates the success of our team philosophy through improvements in quality and customer service. These accomplishments have benefited employees through gainsharing payments, improved processes and work environment, and employment security.
Our benefits plan includes the following:
- Medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance
- Flexible spending accounts for health care and dependant care
- Wellness screens
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- A progressive "pay continuation" program
- Paid holidays
- Vacation plan
- 401(k) - Company match 100% vested first day of employment
- Profit sharing
- Gainsharing (a goal-oriented, variable-pay bonus program)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee training programs
- Company provided safety shoes and safety glasses